The Edgar Cayce Five-Step Approach to Dream Interpretation
1. FEELINGS, in which the dreamer (or group if available) states the feelings that the overall dream evokes.
2. THEME, in which the dreamer (or helping group) distills a short statement of action, called the theme, which makes no mention of the symbols themselves. How to Find the Theme of a Dream
3. ASSOCIATIONS TO THE SYMBOLS, in which the dreamer (or helping group) provides associations to the symbols, preferably by using the Amplification technique. The Dream Symbol Amplification Technique
4. PRELIMINARY UNDERSTANDING, in which the dreamer distills the insights gained in steps one through three into a preliminary understanding upon which he/she can devise a strategy for applying the dream.
5. APPLICATION, in which the dreamer devises (and states if a group is available) a strategy for applying the dream.
Dream Recall Techniques